By default, Skype Automatically downloads images sent to you in conversations, but not other file types. This behavior can be changed.
You can also change the destination directory.
How to automatically download (or not) files and photos in Skype?
1. Go to the software settings, which are behind the “…” at the top left of the interface.
2. Head to the “Messaging” menu in the left column. Next, check or uncheck the entries “Automatic photo download” and “Automatic file download”. Below, you can change the directory where received items are saved.
Find more tutorials on how to master all the features of Skype:
- All Skype tutorials
- How to conduct a survey on Skype?
- How to create a private conversation on Skype?
- How to share your current activity on Skype?
- How to add and then find messages in bookmarks on Skype?
- How to change your connection status on Skype?
- How to share your screen on Skype?
- How to receive (or not) emails in case of conversations and missed calls on Skype?
- How to automatically download (or not) files and photos in Skype?
- How do I enable (or not) web link previews in Skype?
- How do I activate (or not) read receipts on Skype?