You need to use your webcam on Skype but you haven't fixed it yet? Don't panic, it's easy as pie.
And it's even possible to choose a background effect!
How to configure your webcam on Skype?
1. Go to the software settings, which are located behind the “…” at the top left.
2. Head to the aptly named “Audio and Video” menu. If your webcam is correctly plugged in (and selected, in the drop-down menu at the top), then what it is currently seeing is displayed. All you have to do is choose a background effect (a simple blur or a false decor to choose from among twenty).
3. Note the presence of the "Webcam Settings" shortcut below. This will open your webcam's properties and advanced settings. The content of this window will depend on your model and here, for information, is that of the Logitech HD Webcam C270.
Find other tutorials to properly configure Skype
- All Skype tutorials
- How do I download and install Skype? (Linux, Windows, macOS, smartphones)
- How do I change the appearance of Skype?
- How to configure your webcam on Skype?
- How do I change the font size in Skype?