In this new tutorial dedicated to how to manage and secure your Telegram account, we show you an essential feature of this messaging service: changing your phone number, which also serves as your account identifier.
Change your phone number on Telegram
- Open the app Telegram.
- Go to the tab Parameters.
- Tap your profile at the very top of the page.
- Select the option " Change number ».
- Validate by clicking on " Change number », then continue the procedure to transfer your data to your new phone number.
On Telegram, your phone number is also your username. To do things for the best, wait to receive your new SIM card and to have access to your new number before carrying out the number change procedure.
Find other tutorials to help you manage and secure your Telegram account:
- How to create a Telegram account?
- How to change your profile picture on Telegram?
- How to use Telegram on computer?
- How to create a username on Telegram?
- How to activate two-factor authentication on Telegram?
- How to disable two-factor authentication on Telegram?
- How to hide your phone number from strangers on Telegram?
- How to hide your profile picture from strangers on Telegram?
- How to schedule the automatic deletion of my Telegram account?
- How to lock Telegram on your smartphone with a password?
- How to activate Telegram's automatic smartphone lock?
- How to unlock Telegram with Touch ID?
- How to unlock Telegram with Face ID?
- How to remotely disconnect from Telegram?
- How to prevent voice calls from strangers on Telegram?