Do you know Periscope? In 2015, this application specializing in live video sharing was bought by Twitter, before becoming a full part of the microblogging social network. Indeed, since the end of 2016, the iOS and Android versions of Twitter have made it possible to film and broadcast live videos in a simple and organic way.
A welcome addition for many users and a way for the social network to offer an alternative to Facebook Live, Twitter's main competitor. Today, in our series of tutorials to learn how to manage content and its publications on Twitter, we discuss how video lives work.
- Open the Twitter app on your iOS or Android mobile and click on the compose box of a tweet.
- Tap on the “ Camera » located at the bottom of the screen. The video capture screen opens.
- Swipe the bottom of the screen from right to left to switch between " Capture » to the option « Live ».
- Write, at the top of the screen, the text accompanying your live video. It is possible to add a location. Then click on " Go LIVE to start your live video.
It is possible to invite people to follow your live video. Before step Go LIVE ", click on " invite your friends " at the bottom of the screen. Then simply type a user's @nomdecompte in the search bar to offer him to follow your live.
Live videos on Twitter are published in the same way as regular tweets. The live will appear on your newsfeed and that of your subscribers. It will then be available for replay.
Find other tutorials to learn how to manage content and its publications on Twitter:
- How to post a video on Twitter?
- How to retweet a tweet on Twitter?
- How to post an animated GIF image on Twitter?
- How do I post a Moment on Twitter?
- How to remove censorship on Twitter?
- How to record a video on Twitter?
- How to save tweets?
- How to delete a tweet?
- How do I turn off video autoplay on Twitter?
- How to create a subscription list on Twitter?
- How to use Reels on Instagram?