Windows 10 offers a practical feature to protect your files from unpleasant surprises: the restore utility. Very easy to configure, it allows you to create a system backup point at a given time. In the event of lost files or an unstable system, you can use it at any time to restore Windows 10.
In this tutorial to teach you how to configure and secure Windows 10, we explain how to quickly create a restore point on Windows 10.
Create a restore point on Windows 10
- On the taskbar, enter Restoration point.
- Click Utility Create a restore point.
- Click on configurator.
- In the window that opens, click on Activate system protection. Then move the slider to set the maximum disk space devoted to restore points. Then click on OK.
- Click on Create.
- Give your restore point a name. The date and time will be added automatically. Then click on Create.
- Wait while the utility proceeds to create the savepoint.
Once you have created this backup file, you can restore it at any time using the same restore utility. Please note that returning to an older save point may erase your current files!
Find our tutorials to help you configure and secure Windows 10:
- How to update its drivers on Windows 10?
- How do I know if Windows 10 is 32 or 64 bit?
- How to check if my computer is compatible with Windows 10?
- How to speed up Windows 10?
- How to partition your hard drive on Windows 10?
- How to install Windows 10?
- How to download Windows 10?
- How to activate Windows 10?
- How to access Device Manager in Windows 10?
- How to change mouse sensitivity on Windows 10?
- How to activate Bluetooth on Windows 10?
- How to defragment your hard drive on Windows 10?
- How to clean your hard drive on Windows 10?
- How to restore Windows 10?
- How to start Windows 10 in safe mode?
- How to install Windows 10 from a USB key?
- How to update Windows 10?
- How to block Windows 10 updates?
- How to make Windows 10 faster?
- How to speed up Windows 10 startup?
- How to turn off Cortana on Windows 10?
- How to activate WiFi on Windows 10?