Who says social media says exchanges, discussions, sharing and moments of fun with his friends. A rather cheerful prospect, therefore, if your list of contacts does not look like the Gobi Desert… Because, to communicate with your loved ones, you still have to know how to add them to the network! Find out how to do this on Snapchat and soon enjoy all the services of the app with your best friends.
There are several solutions to add a new contact on Snapchat. We take a tour of the different possibilities in this tutorial. If this subject interests you, do not hesitate to consult our article: "How to manage your contacts and messages on Snapchat?" ". You will find a good dose of information there that will allow you to become truly unbeatable on exchanges via Snapchat.
Add a suggested contact
Like other social media, Snapchat collects personal data about its users that allow it, among other things, to offer them friend suggestions. Here is how to access this list which is very likely to contain interesting proposals.
1. First, open the app by tapping on the famous Snapchat logo: a white ghost on a yellow background. Then, go to your profile page by selecting the avatar (or your personalized emoji) which is located at the top left of the screen.
2. In the middle of this page, you will quickly see the heading " Friends "Which precedes the words" Add friends ". Select the latter to continue.
3. You are now on the page dedicated to adding friends. From there, you will be able to find contacts in different ways. The first is therefore quite simply to look at the selection which is offered to you under the mention " Quick add ". Scroll if necessary and simply press " Add »In front of the contact that interests you.
4. If you don't immediately see the contact you want to add, you can type their name in the search bar where it says " Find friends Which is at the top of the page. All you have to do is press " Add When you see the desired account appear on the screen.
Add a contact from your directory
The application allows you to easily find your friends by directly adding those who appear in the address book of your smartphone. To do this, your account must already have associated your contacts. Find out how to proceed in our tutorial: "How to find your phone contacts on Snapchat?" ". If you've done this before, here's how to add them:
1. Open the app by tapping on the avatar at the top left of the home screen.
2. On your personal page, press “ Add friends ».
3. At the top of the page titled " Add friends ", on the right of " Quick add ", Select the mention" All contacts ».
4. Once on the page named " All contacts ", You can see, under the mention" Friends on Snapchat », The list of your friends who also use the application. You just have to press the button " Add To the right of the contact you want to be listed among your Snapchat friends.
5. Further down, under " Invite to join Snapchat », You can see the rest of your personal contacts, that is to say those who do not use the social network. Select " Invite »If you want to encourage one of your contacts to use the application in turn.
Add a contact via a Snapcode
1. It is also possible to add a contact by scanning their Snapcode, a unique personal image which is like the digital ID card of a Snapchat profile. You can do this by asking your friend to take a screenshot of their profile page and send it to you on your smartphone. Then open Snapchat and go to the " Add friends ". To access it, start by tapping on your avatar or your Bitmoji, located at the top left of the screen.
2. You are on your personal page. You can see your own Snapcode: it's the yellow square above your username. It is dotted with black dots that give it its identity, and inside is your avatar. Select the line " Add friends ».
3. At the top of the page, tap the small button displaying the Snapchat logo which is located to the far right of the search bar.
4. Now select the photo that your friend and future contact sent to you.
The application will make a little noise, then confirm the addition of your contact. You can also scan the code through the Snapchat camera that you will point at your friend's Snapcode. Then you just have to long press on the screen before choosing " Add a friend ».
For a fun use of Snapchat, share your Stories, Lenses and all your finds with as many friends as possible! As you can see, there are several ways to add a contact on Snapchat, it's up to you to choose the one that suits you best. Once you've added a profile to the app, you'll need to wait for it to accept your invitation before you see it in your Snapchat directory.
Find our tutorials to help you organize your workstation on Windows 10:
- How to block a contact on Snapchat?
- How to find your phone contacts on Snapchat?
- How to post a private story on Snapchat?
- How do I leave a group on Snapchat?
- How to delete a contact on Snapchat?
- How to unblock an account on Snapchat?
- How to create a group on Snapchat?
- How to make a voice call on Snapchat?
- How to make a video call on Snapchat?
- How to save messages on Snapchat?
- How to send an image from my smartphone to Snapchat?
- How to define the lifespan of a snap on Snapchat?
- How to annotate a snap on Snapchat?
- How to add a sticker or a gif to a snap on Snapchat?
- How to create a sticker on Snapchat?
- How to add a link to a snap on Snapchat?
- How to send a voice message on Snapchat?
- How to display a snap on Snapchat?
- How to save photo or video taken with Snapchat?
- How to cancel the sending of a snap on Snapchat?
- How to post a story on Snapchat?
- How to publish a public story on the Snapchat map?
- How to pin a conversation on Snapchat?