Whether it's for privacy or to protect your photos and videos, you might want to make your Instagram account private. You can better control your audience and decide with whom you want to share your publications on the most popular social network of the moment.
With this tutorial to teach you how to secure and manage your privacy on Instagram, we explain how to make your Instagram account private in less than two minutes!
Make your Instagram account private?
- Open Instagram on your smartphone and press Profile icon, at the bottom right of your screen.
- Once on your Instagram profile, scroll down the menu by clicking on the three lines at the top right.
- Then click Parameters.
- Tap the tab policy.
- Go down to the section ConnectionsAnd click Account confidentiality.
- Move the slider to activate the option Private account.
- In the dialog box that appears, confirm your choice by pressing OK.
Your Instagram account is now private. Your photos, your stories, as well as all your posts will only be visible to your subscribers. As soon as a new person wants to see your publications and follow you, you will receive a subscription request notification (which you are of course free to accept or not!).
You will be able to control your presence on the social network. But keep in mind that setting your Instagram account to private won't prevent your members from taking a screenshot of one of your posts and sharing it...
Find other tutorials to help you secure and manage your privacy on Instagram:
- How to disable photo tagging on Instagram?
- How to block private messages from an Instagram account?
- How to unblock an account on Instagram?
- How to delete a follower on Instagram?
- How do we find out what data Instagram has collected on our profile?
- How do I turn off ad targeting on Instagram?
- How to block an account on Instagram?
- How to activate and deactivate geolocation on Instagram?