Did you know that you can measure distances very simply in iOS? We explain how to master this feature of your iPhone in this new tutorial!
Measure with your iPhone
- Open the Measurements app. If you can't find it, swipe down from the home screen and write " Measures ".
- Face the surface to be measured. Once your iPhone recognizes it, select the button "+" at the bottom of the screen to place a point.
- Move your iPhone in the direction you want, then press again "+" in order to set a new point. The iPhone will show you the measurement for that line.
Faced with rectangular or easily recognizable surfaces, the iPhone can also offer you to automatically calculate its length and width. Also, the Measurements application can be used as a level, and tell you if a surface is perpendicular to the ground or not.
© Apple © Apple
Find other tutorials to help you master all the features of your iPhone:
- How to scan a document with your iPhone?
- How to film the screen of your iPhone?
- How to activate power saving mode on an iPhone?
- How to activate dark mode on an iPhone?
- How to increase the font size of your iPhone?
- How to print from your iPhone?
- How to create a shortcut and use it with Siri on iPhone?
- How to add a web shortcut on the home page of your iPhone?
- How to use effects on iMessage?
- How to filter iMessages whose sender is unknown?
- How do I leave an iMessage group conversation?
- How to create iMessage group chat?
- How do I make a FaceTime call?
- How to create and use a Memoji?
- How do I edit and delete a payment method on Apple Pay?
- How to use Apple Pay?
- How to share the 4G connection of your iPhone with your computer?
- How to scan a QR Code with on iPhone?
- How to take a screenshot on my iPhone?
- How to ring a lost or stolen iPhone with iCloud?
- How to turn off vibration in silent mode on iPhone?
- How to locate a lost or stolen iPhone using iCloud?