Forgetting the access code to your iPhone means finding yourself stuck at the front door without the possibility of accessing the content of the phone. Fortunately, there is a solution to unlock your iPhone without having your code!
- Get a computer, and open iTunes (Windows) or Finder (Mac)
- Turn off your iPhone
- On an iPhone 6S or earlier: connect the iPhone to your computer by pressing and holding the main phone button until recovery mode appears. On an iPhone 7: press and hold the volume down button instead of the Home button. On an iPhone X or later: press and hold the power button on the smartphone.
- On your computer, iTunes or Finder should notify you of a problem on your iPhone. Press the "Restore" button.
- Wait for the process to complete, then reconfigure your device.
Your iPhone is operational again. Try this time to use a code that you won't forget!
Find other tutorials to help you debug and repair your iPhone:
- How to unlock an iPhone?
- How to know the state of health of your iPhone battery?
- How to recover deleted SMS on iPhone?
- How to unlock iPhone without passcode?
- How to reset your iPhone?
- How to make a backup of your iPhone?
- How to free up memory on your iPhone?
- How to restore your iPhone?
- How to unlock an iPhone that restarts in a loop?
- How to fix iPhone stuck on white screen?
- How to fix iPhone stuck on black screen?
- How to fix iPhone stuck on apple on startup?
- How to reset iPhone without losing data?
- How to put your iPhone in Recovery mode?
- How to force an iPhone to shut down?
- How to put your iPhone in DFU mode?
- How to Recover Data from Broken iPhone?