Forgetting the access code to your iPhone means finding yourself stuck at the front door without the possibility of accessing the content of the phone. Fortunately, there is a solution to unlock your iPhone without having your code!
Access your iPhone by restoring a backupHaving a backup of your iPhone is the only way to keep your phone data after you forget the passcode. Otherwise, all data will be lost and the phone will have to be completely reset.
- Get a computer, and open iTunes (Windows) or Finder (Mac)
- Turn off your iPhone
- On an iPhone 6S or earlier: connect the iPhone to your computer by pressing and holding the main phone button until recovery mode appears. On an iPhone 7: press and hold the volume down button instead of the Home button. On an iPhone X or later: press and hold the power button on the smartphone.
- On your computer, iTunes or Finder should notify you of a problem on your iPhone. Press the "Restore" button.
- Wait for the process to complete, then reconfigure your device.
Your iPhone is operational again. Try this time to use a code that you won't forget!
Find other tutorials to help you debug and repair your iPhone:
- How to unlock an iPhone?
- How to know the state of health of your iPhone battery?
- How to recover deleted SMS on iPhone?
- How to unlock iPhone without passcode?
- How to reset your iPhone?
- How to make a backup of your iPhone?
- How to free up memory on your iPhone?
- How to restore your iPhone?
- How to unlock an iPhone that restarts in a loop?
- How to fix iPhone stuck on white screen?
- How to fix iPhone stuck on black screen?
- How to fix iPhone stuck on apple on startup?
- How to reset iPhone without losing data?
- How to put your iPhone in Recovery mode?
- How to force an iPhone to shut down?
- How to put your iPhone in DFU mode?
- How to Recover Data from Broken iPhone?