Why do you need a user manual?A user manual brings together the description of a product, its main functions and also the first essential steps for its proper use.
In addition, a manual can also contain valuable information such as safety standards and measures, possible malfunctions and appropriate solutions as well as the contact details of the manufacturer and details of the warranty.
Manufacturers' websitesAlmost all of the sites of constructors and manufacturers offer a support section allowing you to find the instructions for a product according to its brand, its product category and the name of the model.
Let's take the example of an HP OfficeJet 2620 printer, so we will have to go to the HP website, choose the Printers category then the Officejet series and finally the reference of the 2620 model to find its user manual in the User section Guides.
Specialized websitesIf the manufacturer has closed shop or if the equipment is too old, it is possible to turn to generalized or specialist websites which offer large databases of user manuals. Here is a selection of these sites in French and English
- Central Manuals : specialized in computer hardware and peripherals, software, electronic devices, connected devices and certain video games.
- Mes Notices : for household appliances, computers, image and sound and cars;
- My after-sales service : generalist (auto, IT, telephony or household appliances);
- After Purchase : a consumer social network that offers user manuals for thousands of products of all kinds;
- Manuals Online : 700 manuals and guides grouped into categories such as household appliances, outdoor equipment, computers and many others;
- ManualsLib : a website, but above all an Android application allowing you to find thousands of brands in cars, motorcycles, household appliances, computers, peripherals, etc. ;
- eServiceInfo : specialized in manuals, documentation and electronic diagrams for computers, audio-video equipment, telephony, peripherals and spare parts;