Need to install Android Studio? There are, you will see, many valid reasons to do so, whatever your level of use - developer or just curious user. Follow this quick tutorial to find the download link, and learn more about this Android development suite.
It often happens that as part of a tutorial you are asked to install Android Studio. We provide the download links for the suite, as well as the only ADB and Fastboot tools that are common to download. These are included in the suite, but downloading them on their own can save space.
How to install Android Studio on PC, Mac, and Linux
To do this :
- Go to the official Android Studio website by clicking on this link
- Click on Download Android Studio
- Launch the installer or follow the installation procedure for your operating system
Note: if you are not a developer, we recommend that you install the suite with standard settings.
You may only need some of the tools in the suite. In general, when you want to root your smartphone, Android Debug Bridge (ADB) and Fastboot tools will be more than enough. You can download them via the following links:
- Download ADB and Fastboot for Windows
- Download ADB and Fastboot for Mac
- Download ADB and Fastboot for Linux
Read also: ADB and Fastboot finally available without downloading the Android SDK
What is Android Studio for
Initially, this suite was designed primarily for developers of Android applications. But over time it has brought to it a wider audience, looking for more advanced use of the mobile operating system or PC emulation. Android Studio is indeed (non-exhaustive list):
- An all-in-one suite to create your applications from A to Z, test them and publish them on the Google Play Store
- A tool to run any app or project on any compatible Android device
- A smart Kotlin, Java and C / C ++ code editor
- One of the best free Android emulators for PC, Linux and Mac (Android Emulator)
- A suite of tools to unlock your smartphone's bootloader and root it
You see, even if you are not an Android developer, you might need to use it for one reason or another. Have you installed Android Studio? Have you encountered any difficulty in using it? Do not hesitate to say it in the comments!
- Envoyer à un ami