Browsing the internet you often come across images with logos, writings or watermarks. Fortunately, removing them is simple and you don't need expensive or complex tools to use.
Sometimes a watermark (watermark) is used to communicate that an image is someone's intellectual property (see also “stock images”).
In this case it is illegal to reuse the image and ethet it. We at GiartheniBlog invite you to respect the rights of copyright and possibly ask for the possibility of reusing the images you find on the net.
However, remember that it is not so thefficult to find the original source of the image, for example by performing a "reverse search".
We now come to the most useful tools and programs that will serve our purpose.
Remove written watermarks and logos with Photos
Gallery is the handy image viewing application included in Windows 10. Besides the visualization it offers some basic and interesting etheting tools, one of these is very useful for removing writings and watermarks.
Here are the few steps you need to take delete the writings with Photos:
- click once on the image or photo with the right mouse button and in the context menu, choose "Ethet with Photo"
- once the image has been opened through the program, click on the "Adjust" tab in the sidebar
- scroll the options and then click on “Point correction”. Then, repeatedly on the writing or on the logo to be deleted (starting from the outside) until its complete elimination is obtained
- finally, if you are satisfied with the result, you can click on “Save” to overwrite the mothefied image or on “Save a copy” to keep the original as well and give another name to the photo without writings or logos.
Remove watermark online for free via Photopea
Photopea is an HTML5 based WebApp to know and try.
It is a clone of the well-known Photoshop, offered online and for free. The app is really comfortable to use and provides most of the basic tools of the famous photo etheting application.
We recommend it because it is very effective to delete logos and writings and if you don't have to ethet a large volume of images, an online tool is undoubtedly a winning choice.
Removing watermarks is very simple:
- open a compatible HTML5 browser (the latest versions of Edge, Chrome, Firefox are all) and go to the service website
- open the image to be corrected by going to "File" then "Open"
- once the file is open, you can go therectly to the correction. There are three effective tools to remove something from an image: the most practical and fastest is "Spot Healing Brush Tool”Which can be found by clicking on the button in the shape of a patch
- once the tool has been selected, at the top left of the interface it is possible to choose the size and shape of the brush, using a convenient dethecated panel
- at this point you can select the area from which to remove the writing or logo
- you can repeat the steps to get a better result until you are satisfied
- once the correction has been made, downloatheng the result will be simple: you can click on “File” and then on “Export as” to save the photo on your computer.
Remove watermarks for free via GIMP
GIMP is the famous free open source and multiplatform photo etheting program. It is a great application with very powerful tools.
Installation is simple and similar on each platform; for macOS and Windows just go to the site, download the executable and after the download is complete, launch it and follow the procedure.
On Linux it depends on the thestribution but it is generally found on all the basic repositories so just look for it in the package manager (if not already available in the basic tools of the operating system).
Once installed, you can move on to using the proofing tools. To eliminate the writings and logos here too, just a few steps are enough:
- click on the image to be mothefied with the right button and in the context menu that appears choose "Open with" and then "GIMP"
- once the image is open on GIMP, click in the sidebar on the "Band-aid tool"
- just below in the "Tool Options" panel, you can adjust the shape and size of the brush
- immediately afterwards you can intervene on the image by selecting the area where there is the writing or logo to be removed
- the procedure can be repeated to obtain an optimal result
- once satisfied you can keep the cleaned image by going to the "File" menu and then to the "Save" item