iOS and iPadOS are finally available for all those who would like to test them: the first public beta is finally available. For a few weeks now, it has been possible to test the new versions of the firm's mobile operating systems on compatible devices, but on condition of having a paid developer account. The new public beta is very easy to install, with the activation of a profile - it is nevertheless relatively complex to roll back in iOS 12.
Do you want to test the new features of iOS 13 before everyone else? Let's start with a warning: when a program is in public beta, it means that the beta is not finished. There are plenty of bugs to be expected, both in the system and in the applications you are used to using. As well as sub-optimal performance and increased impact on the battery. So installing the beta at this point means doing it on a device you don't use every day.Summary
- iOS 13 and iPadOS beta: compatible smartphones and tablets
- iOS 13 and iPadOS in public beta: prerequisites
- How to install beta of iOS 13 or iPadOS
- How to uninstall iOS 13 or iPadOS beta
iOS 13 and iPadOS beta: compatible smartphones and tablets
All iPhones up to iPhone 6S, iPads up to iPad Air 2, iPad 5th generation, iPad mini 4, as well as all iPad Pros can enjoy it.
IOS 13 compatible iPhones
- iPhone SE
- 6S iPhone Plus
- iPhone 6S
- 7 iPhone Plus
- iPhone 7
- 8 iPhone Plus
- iPhone 8
- iPhone X
- iPhone XR
- iPhone XS Max
- iPhone XS
IPadOS compatible iPads
- iPad Air 2
- iPad Air (3rd generation)
- iPad mini 4
- iPad mini (5th generation)
- iPad (5th generation)
- iPad (6th generation)
- iPad Pro 9,7 "
- iPad Pro 10,5 "
- iPad Pro 11 "
- iPad Pro 12,9 "
iOS 13 and iPadOS in public beta: prerequisites
At this stage, the beta is open to all those who would like to install it on their smartphone - after a first phase only reserved for paid developers. Anyone can now install iOS 13 or iPadOS provided they have a compatible iPhone or iPad.
As a precaution, however, it is recommended to back up the data of your devices, while you are still under iOS 12. You may need it if you wish to downgrade your device later: in fact, backups under iOS 13, will not be of use to you if you downgrade your device ...
How to install beta of iOS 13 or iPadOS
The procedure is the same in both cases:
- From your iPhone or iPad, click on the link to download and install the beta profile:
- Install the beta profile on your iPhone or iPad
- Open them Settings and touch Downloaded profile
- touch Installer top right
- Then Installer again in the next screen
- Connect your device to the mains and check that its WiFi connection is active
- Go to Settings> General> Updates to download and install iOS 13 or iPadOS on your device
Note: it is very important to back up your data in iOS 12 before starting the procedure
How to uninstall iOS 13 or iPadOS beta
If you want to go back to iOS 12:
- Put your iPhone in recovery mode (the procedure varies depending on the model, but you can find all the information on the Apple site)
- Connect your iPhone to your computer
- iTunes should offer to restore your device - validate
Note: this process involves restoring, therefore erasing data from your device. You will not be able to restore backup made in iOS 13.
Read also: iOS 13, death of iTunes, iPadOS, new Mac Pro… return to the announcements of the Apple keynote
Have you tried installing the beta? What do you think ? Share your opinion in the comments.
- Envoyer à un ami