The results obtained from a recent research conducted by Symantec prompted the latter to provide a series of advice on the occasion of the Safer Internet Day, all focused on online safety.
Research conducted by Symantec
Recent research conducted by Symantec revealed how confident parents are in the potential and use of technology.
According to the data, published on the occasion of the Safer Internet Day, about 42% of parents in Italy believe that technology and mobile devices can help their children in problem solving and learning, 48% to unleash creativity and 45% to achieve greater happiness in general.[
Tips for Safer Internet Day
The research results have pushed Symantec to draw up a list of tips, designed to provide all parents with practical tools to better manage the devices used by their children.
Here are Symantec's tips, released on the occasion of the Safer Internet Day:
- Teach the little ones to choose secure and unique passwords, not to be shared with anyone and to be exploited for all accounts;
- Create a set of rules for your children, so as to regulate their online access, downloads and websites to attend. An open dialogue also leads to a decrease in negative online experiences;
- Always face the risks associated with the publication and sharing of private information, videos and photographs, since everything published online is capable of creating an imprint that is difficult - if not impossible - to erase;
- Encourage children to think before clicking on some content, whether it be videos, unknown links, mails or banners and pop-ups;
- Leverage good security software, such as Norton Security, to protect children and devices from potentially harmful websites, viruses, phishing scams, and other online threats.