Simple activation in five steps
A good way to prevent your loved ones from accessing your private conversations if you want them to remain confidential. To do this, WhatsApp explains the process on its blog and it is particularly simple:
- Go to the app settings
- Select "account"
- Go to "confidentiality"
- Press "fingerprint lock"
- Activate the option "unlock with fingerprint"
WhatsApp also allows you to refine the parameter more finely. It is thus possible to select whether the application will ask for unlocking each time you open it, whether the locking will activate after one minute or after 30 minutes. In addition, by locking WhatsApp with your fingerprint, you can request that notifications are no longer displayed fully when you exit the application.
This new feature of WhatsApp is available from version 2.19.308 of the application, which is already available on the Google Play Store.
To follow us, we invite you to download our Android and iOS application. You will be able to read our articles, files, and watch our latest YouTube videos.
Find the latest WhatsApp news
- WhatsApp allows you to create your own stickers, here's how
- WhatsApp now lets you create and share your own stickers
- WhatsApp finally offers an application on Windows PC
- On WhatsApp, what does the "Your security number has changed" notification mean?