When you have a chain YouTube , it's a real pleasure to see the comments flourish under his videos. However, there can also be unpleasant surprises. Faced with a derogatory message, it is quite possible to act by blocking its author. Nothing could be simpler: you can hide a person by going through one of their comments or perform the manipulation directly within YouTube Studio.
Want to prevent someone from interacting with your content on YouTube? Know that this can be done in a few clicks. To do this, go to the "Comments" section or in the settings of the YouTube Creator Studio.
Block the author of a comment on YouTube
Here's how to block the author of a comment:
1. Go to the YouTube site.
2. Find the video under which the derogatory comment(s) were written.
3. Hover over the post and click on the three small vertical dots icon that appeared on the side. Select the “Hide user comments on channel” option.
You can also go through the YouTube Creator Studio dashboard. In that case, here's what to do:
1. Copy the channel link of the member you want to block.
2. Go to the YouTube Studio site.
3. In the left column, click on the "Settings" section
4. Go to “Community”. In the "Automated filters" tab, type the name of the person to be blocked in the "Hidden users" field. Press "Save".
Once the user is blocked, it takes about 48 hours for the comments to be effectively hidden. The target person will not receive any notification. It is possible at any time to unblock the member by removing him from the list of hidden users in the YouTube Studio. His previous comments will remain hidden, but not those he writes in the future.
Find all the tutorials to master all the features of YouTube:
- Our complete YouTube file: tips, advice and tutorials
- How to manage subscriptions and comments on YouTube?