You don't have a bank card and want to validate a purchase on the internet? There are many solutions either to pay directly for your purchases with another means of payment: gift cards, bitcoins, Visa or prepaid Mastercard ... Read this tutorial to find out how.
You don't have a Visa or Mastercard to pay for your online purchases? Banks sometimes offer more limited cards than international cards, for example Maestro cards. You can also find yourself in a situation where you simply do not have a bank card. Which suddenly seems to cut off all access to the large supermarche-international.com. Whatever your problem, there are solutions to pay anyway on the internet.
- Pay on the internet with PayPal
- Use gift cards to pay for your purchases
- Pay via the internet or mobile subscription
- Revolut allows you to obtain a virtual Mastercard in a few minutes
- Bitcoins, Ethereum ...: another way to pay without a bank card
- Subscribe to a Visa or Mastercard prepaid card
- Transfers and checks
Pay on the internet with PayPal
The first solution is toopen a PayPal account : registration, open to all, is done in a few minutes. And it is possible, in addition to the credit card (or in this precise case as an alternative), to select your bank account as a source of funding. You can then very quickly pay on a large number of websites that offer Paypal as a means of payment.
Benefits of PayPal
- Pay for your purchases for free with an address and a password on many sites
- Secure transactions with the possibility of opening a dispute and being reimbursed in the event of a problem
- Obtain a payment method compatible with many sites in a few seconds
- In some cases, you will need to verify your bank account to make your first transaction (which may take a few days)
Examples of sites that accept PayPal
- Shopping street
- Etc ...
Use gift cards to pay for your purchases
Many brands offer gift cards. To make a purchase, you can get one of these cards loaded with a sufficient balance and spend it on your purchases on the brand's website. In some cases it is even possible to get gift cards online via another payment method - but you can usually still buy them with cash directly from the stores that sell them.
Benefits of gift cards
- Controlled expenses that cannot exceed the amount loaded on the card
- Possibility to use it immediately as a means of payment
- These cards are generally compatible with one or a handful of signs
- They are sometimes restricted to certain categories of items (we cannot necessarily buy everything with)
- They are loaded in stages (for example 15 €, 30 €, 50 €, 100 €, 150 € ...)
Examples of stores that use gift cards
- Fnac / Darty
- Google Play Store
- App Store
- And many more functions
Pay via the internet or mobile subscription
If you are at Orange, Bouygues, Free or SFR, on a fixed and / or mobile offer, then you can sometimes make purchases that will end up directly on your bill at the end of the month. A service called Internet +.
Advantages of Internet +
- Possibility to pay immediately without a credit card
- Billing at the end of the month
- To date we have found few sites really offering this payment method.
- Some sites abuse the Internet + to carry out unwanted micro-transactions
Revolut allows you to obtain a virtual Mastercard in a few minutes
Revolut is a UK-based neo-bank. It is the only one to offer free virtual bank card numbers when opening an account that you can use wherever you want, like a normal bank card (except that the code changes with each transaction). Besides Revolut, other neo-banks like N26 or Orange Bank will also allow you to obtain a prepaid Mastercard a few days after opening (usually free) of the account.
Read also: Orange Bank - the big banks are fighting back, here are their alternatives!
Benefits of Revolut
- Possibility of immediately obtaining a virtual MasterCard card number
- Free account opening and standard account
- Real SEPA account with IBAN number
- Free money transfers in over 25 currencies
- Free bank withdrawals up to € 200 per month
- Free card payment up to € 5000 per month
- Application to better manage expenses
- It may take more than 24 hours to verify your identity when opening an account
Bitcoins, Ethereum ...: another way to pay without a bank card
Bitcoins, Ethereum, and other cryptocurrencies can be seen as real alternatives to traditional money. However, they first need to understand what it is to create your wallet and obtain Bitcoins, Ethereum or other cryptocurrency. Some sites directly accept these currencies / financial instruments, but they can also be used to purchase gift cards which extends their usefulness a bit.
Also Read: Bitcoin vs Ethereum - What's the Difference?
Advantages of Bitcoin and Ethereum
- No bank, fully decentralized system
- Strong user base
- Possibility to buy gift cards
- Few sites still accept them directly
- Some knowledge of these currencies / financial instruments is an essential prerequisite
- Possibility of losing your money if the device on which currencies are stored is damaged or destroyed
- Volatile and unstable price
- Risk of piracy
Examples of sites that accept Bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies
Subscribe to a Visa or Mastercard prepaid card
If your bank refuses to provide you with a Visa or Mastercard prepaid card, or if for some reason you do not wish to request it from your establishment, it is still possible to obtain a Visa or Prepaid Mastercard that will work exactly as an international card - except that you will have to reload it manually in order to use it. Top up can be done directly from your bank account.
You can get one of these cards in several ways: Travelex exchange agencies can allow you to get one immediately for 10 € but with less attractive conditions than neobanks. We recommend that you approach Revolut, N26, Boon or any neobank offering prepaid cards to quickly get one on the best possible terms.
Benefits of Visa and Mastercard prepaid cards
- Work exactly like those issued by your bank
- Accepted on the internet and at merchants and distributors
- Open to all
- In general, between the request and receipt of the card at your home a minimum of 7 days will elapse
- Using it may cost money depending on the conditions of the transmitter
- Charging is not immediate at all neo-banks
Transfers and checks
The last option remains the transfer and the check, two methods often accepted by small traders in Your country, and as an alternative to the credit card on sites like eBay.
- Simple solution, no steps
- No additional cost
- The order is generally only validated after receipt of funds: may cause delays
- No insurance or additional protection in case of damaged or non-conforming product
Did you find this guide useful? Do you know of other methods to pay without a bank card on the internet? Share your feedback in the comments.
- Envoyer à un ami