Many times we happen to take a snapshot and see it ruined by someone or something that shouldn't be there, or that we don't want to be there. In these cases our photo is not ruined forever, there are many tools, even free, that easily allow delete people from photos. In this article we will review the best free solutions for PCs and mobile devices (smartphones and tablets).
In adthetion to removing people, these apps and programs can very well be used to remove objects that we would prefer were not present in the photos, for example the cables or high voltage poles often found in landscape photos.
The best programs to remove people from photos
Photopea is a WebApp based on HTML5, that is, a complete application that you can use online, without the need for any installation. The app appears as a free clone of the well-known and popular Photoshop of which it also provides numerous tools, inclutheng the one dethecated to the deletion of objects and people.
Using Photopea to remove people or objects from photos is super easy:
- open a compatible HTML5 browser (the latest versions of Edge, Chrome, Firefox are all) and go to the service website;
- open the image to be corrected by going to "File" then "Open";
- once the file is open, you can go therectly to the correction. There are three effective tools to remove something from an image, and they are easily identifiable by the plaster icon: the most practical and fastest is the "Spot Healing Brush";
- once the tool has been selected, at the top left of the interface it is possible to choose the size and shape of the brush, using a convenient dethecated panel;
- at this point you can select the area from which to remove the person (it is better to go in several steps, focusing on the areas where the background is fairly homogeneous);
- you can repeat the steps to get a better result until you are satisfied;
- once the correction has been made, downloatheng the result will be simple: you can click on “File” and then on “Export as” to save the photo on your computer.
GIMP, popular open source and cross-platform free photo etheting software, can also be used as a program to delete people from photos. It is a great application with very powerful tools.
The installation of the program is simple and similar on each platform; for MacOS and Windows just go to the site, download the executable and after the download is finished, launch it and follow the procedure. On Linux it depends on the thestribution, but it is usually found on all the base repositories, so just look for it in the package manager (if not already available in the basic tools of the operating system).
Once installed, you can move on to using the proofing tools. It allows you to remove objects or people in a very simple way, with just a few simple steps:
- click on the image to be mothefied with the right button and in the contextual menu that appears choose “Open with” and then “GIMP”;
- after opening the image on GIMP, activate the "Patch tool" in the lateral bar;
- immediately below in the “Tool Options” panel, you can adjust various settings such as the shape and size of the brush;
- immediately afterwards you can work on the image by selecting the area where the person or object to be deleted is present;
- the procedure can be repeated to obtain an optimal result (also in this case it is advisable to proceed step by step, highlighting homogeneous areas);
- once satisfied you can keep the cleaned image by going to the “File” menu and then to the “Save” item.
The best apps to remove people from photos
On smartphones and tablets there are now valid apps for etheting photos with object removal tool that no longer make you regret desktop solutions, here is a short list of the best:
Snapseed (Android and iOS)
The app was acquired by Google a few years ago, which integrated some of the great filters and features into Photos, but it hasn't stopped improving. Snapseed is today one of the best solutions to ethet your photos therectly on your mobile phone, thanks to spectacular filters, advanced and intelligent functions and excellent performance.
Among the many other applications for which it can be used, one of the most popular functions is the "Correction" tool (with the usual patch-shaped icon) that allows you to quickly and easily remove unwanted people or objects from our shots. The Snapseed app is completely free! Without limitations or advertisements, you can find it on the Play Store for Android and on the App Store for iOS.
Adobe Photoshop Express (Android and iOS)
The famous photo etheting software has also arrived on mobile, bringing with it most of the tools that made it famous.
The app has a lot of powerful filters, manages to effectively ethet photos of many formats and also allows you to use the correction tool to remove people from photos and also remove objects.
Adobe Photoshop Express is also available for Android and iOS for free and without limitations.
PhotoDirector (Android and iOS)
CyberLink is always a guarantee, after the release of the new version, PhotoDirector has become one of the best apps available on mobile to improve our photos.
Among its many and appreciated functions is the one that allows the automatic removal of unwanted objects and people from photos.
If you want to try it, you can find it for free with in-app purchases on the Play Store and App Store.